Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Find rest my soul

"For God alone my soul waits in silence; 
from him comes my salvation. 
He alone is my rock and my salvation, 
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." - Psalm 62:1-2

Which of us can say that our world has not been shaken?  Whether it's a personal illness or one in our families, struggles with relationships at home or at work, or a myriad of other circumstances, we are bombarded with struggles and trials everyday.  I love how David address this in Psalm 62.  He doesn't sugarcoat his suffering or smile and say that everything is "fine".  Instead, he cries out to God and seeks his salvation from these things in Him. He is constantly reminding us that God alone is "my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken."  Too often we search for relief from our struggles in other things.  We fail to realize that only through the Lord will we be able to have rest from these trials. So may we too, say with David, "My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him."

No comments: