Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Confusion

"If we do not go to our graves in confusion, we will not go to our graves trusting. Explanations are a substitute for trust." - Larry Crabb

Several weeks ago while going through some difficult situations I came across this quote.  It was like surgery to my soul as I was seeking the Lord for answers to why instead of trusting in Him.  I know that "He works all things together for the good of those who love Him" but so often I'm wanting God to to know why they are happening instead of trusting in His plan.  When studying the story of Job we find out that Job never gets an answer from God as to why He is going through such incredible suffering.  He only trusts that God is who He says He is.  I'm thankful that as we approach Christmas, we can know that God is not unfamiliar with the struggles we go through and wrestle with.  In Christ, God became man and suffered more than we ever will.  This little baby that came would just a few years later take all the punishment for my sins as well as for others who would trust in him and boldly proclaim that "It is finished."  On that silent night when he was born, no one was expecting the King to be born in the stable.  No one was expecting that shepherds would have the first audience with this King.  When I see or sing of the babe in the manger, I can trust that God is moving and that I do not need an explanation.  His ways are higher than ours and He is in control.

No comments: